Friday, January 24, 2025

AI Sign Hybrids - 1/24/25

Link to PDF containing AI sign hybrids: 1/24 AI Sign Hybrids

Now that we're back in Seminar after winter break, I went through with creating AI sign hybrids I proposed at the end of my process book last semester. My way of thinking was that I would end up with my solutions would be even more nonsensical if I combined multiple signs with different meanings. For example, I paired my Danger, Do Not Enter mockup as a composition reference with the No Trespassing mockup for my style reference and entered "handicapped parking sign" as my prompt to get strange amalgamations of the three signs. I ended up generating three hybrid signs with six solutions for each. The combinations I inputted are below.

1. Danger, Do Not Enter + No Trespassing + "handicapped parking sign" 

2. Wet Floor + Highway Exit + "no smoking sign" 

3. Smoking Area + Handicapped Parking + "fire escape sign" 

I feel that these hybrid signs correlate with a lot of the feedback I got during my evaluation. Mark and Brandon suggested that I use Firefly as a sampling tool. In doing this process, the AI took certain elements from individual mockups and smashed them together to create something new. It is for this reason that I plan to continue experimenting with these for a little while so they can reach their full potential.





No comments:

Post a Comment