Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Commonalities of the spoon

 I collected more samples of spoons drawn from memory. Looking at them all together they all seemed to have some relative similarities in how people approached the spoon. I decided to take the new samples I got and use their spoons to look at the social psychology aspect of the prompt that was given. Even when not aware of the larger project at hand, most people's first rendition of a spoon from memory were generally really similar, from size to form and angle at which they were drawn. I think this goes to show that because of the society we live in where people encounter a lot of similar stimuli throughout their day to day life, leading people in a localized area to have similar ways of thinking, especially when relying on memory when responding to the same prompt. 







2 comments:

  1. out of curiosity, looked up "spoons for..."
    spoons for hand tremor
    for tremor
    for handicapped
    for arthritic hands
    adaptive spoons for toddlers
    stabilizing spoons for parkinson's
    for left hand
    adult steady spoon
    foam handle teaspoon
    etc etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to mention
    measuring spoons
    spoon for zero gravity (for astronauts, for real!)

    ReplyDelete