Monday, January 27, 2025

Community Zine Survey

During end-of-semester evaluations, it was suggested that I take my association tests to the next level by broadening the subject pool to the Montserrat Community. I liked this idea and thought that it would be fun to design a zine that I could leave around campus. I am also considering posting the survey questions to my socials to get a broader survey pool.

I will be using the process that I developed last semester to collect data from the community. I am still interested in language, associations, and patterns within my findings. From the data, I hope to create posters, infographics, motion graphics, and patterns.

Why a zine:
I am interested in finding patterns in chaos, and common ground in associations. I have been exploring themes of intuition and illogical processes as a reaction to artificial intelligence. In the zine, I utilize Surrealist and Dadaist games that unlock the subconscious. Proving there is no universal logic since we all have our own kind of illogical logic that we determine our aesthetics and taste on, that is completely relevant to only ourselves.








No comments:

Post a Comment