Looking at music movies, and other media from present day and from the era of the 60's I started looking for mentions of spoons. This was in an effort to see if spoons had meaning, and if so what meaning they held, and if that differed between present day and the past, and between visual media and auditory media. I found surprisingly a lot of references of spoons in media. Not all of them seemed to have meaning, but most that did seemed to be referencing the idea of a "silver spoon" representing privilege, and a spoonful of something to represent love and addiction. I found this interesting, as in the poetry I was looking at regarding spoons they typically seemed to represent a sense of nourishment and sustenance, and something people use in order to care for others. Through all of my research those three themes seemed to be the most prominent: Privilege, Measurement, and Nourishment. I felt that the privilege aspect is the most well known, so I started there. I started by making some compositions similar to how I have been for the other explorations, and I plan to take this and use it as a base point and a stepping stone to move more towards advertising.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I began experimenting with using phrases gathered through word and image association tests, applying their nonsensical logic to concrete poe...
-
PDF containing all 54 AI sign hybrid solutions: 1/30 All AI Sign Hybrids New signs, same process. Y'all know the drill. My plan for nex...
-
I collected more samples of spoons drawn from memory. Looking at them all together they all seemed to have some relative similarities in ho...
No comments:
Post a Comment