Taking my association test diagrams I am working on a booklet that goes through the process of the association tests I conducted and there results. I want the illogical diagrams to be supported by the test data, that's why I have the two juxtaposed to each other on the spread.
I have been looking at Edward R. Tufte books, Envisioning Information and The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, to help me work out the diagrams. Here are some of the basics things I've learned from the first chapters
- Graphs can become cognitive art
- Steady composition makes for a clearer read
- Small multiples are efficient at convincing summaries of data in an argument - multiples and repetition are more powerful
- Readers should be unaware of its design
- Don't design like the reader is dumb
- "Well-designed data graphics are usually the simplest and at the same time most powerful."
- Substance over methodology
- "Encourage the eye to compare different sets of data"
- " A silly theory means a silly graphic" (uh oh)
- "Escape the flat plane"
I have been looking at Edward R. Tufte books, Envisioning Information and The Visual Display of Quantitative Information, to help me work out the diagrams. Here are some of the basics things I've learned from the first chapters
- Graphs can become cognitive art
- Steady composition makes for a clearer read
- Small multiples are efficient at convincing summaries of data in an argument - multiples and repetition are more powerful
- Readers should be unaware of its design
- Don't design like the reader is dumb
- "Well-designed data graphics are usually the simplest and at the same time most powerful."
- Substance over methodology
- "Encourage the eye to compare different sets of data"
- " A silly theory means a silly graphic" (uh oh)
- "Escape the flat plane"

No comments:
Post a Comment