Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Island Posters V2

After our last class and the feedback I received, I decided to take a different approach and see things from another angle. So, I’ve set it up to connect just like the real map, but it’s on its own paper. I’m looking to recreate the design I made for Eleuthera, using the island’s signature features as a texture or pattern against the dark blue background.





















2 comments:

  1. this project brings Montserrat, "part of the Leeward Islands, the northern portion of the Lesser Antilles chain of the West Indies" — https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montserrat
    which then brings history into the picture (and historically not a very nice picture at all).
    the clean geometrized maps seem to reject history, economics etc etc.

    one might also dig into the geological/tectonic/volcanic origin (and inevitable future, millions of years hence) of these islands.
    they will not always look like they do today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed, "morphing" of these islands will happen geologically and with sea rises/falls etc... a visual idea you could work with, too.

      Delete