Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Documenting Trash

 The waste, or left-overs, from consumed items: documented one by one. Then there's just an extra compositional one at the end :P



1 comment:

  1. documenting trash...
    I don't see a thesis statement/proposal, and so don't know your context/motivations, but...
    look at the thesis documentation of Randi Giles, who took a walk around the entirety of Prudence Island (Rhode Island, took her two days), and collected objects from that walk, and made a project out of the findings... there was also a beautiful map, and installation.
    also, regarding trash, you're probably aware of the term "maintenance art" and the artist Mierle Laderman Ukeles
    http://queensmuseum.org/exhibition/mierle-laderman-ukeles-maintenance-art/

    https://elephant.art/a-manifesto-for-maintenance-art-taught-me-the-true-value-of-hard-essential-work-14122021/
    all kinds of stuff out there.

    I'm thinking also of the richly deep and varied work of Shannon Mattern
    https://wordsinspace.net/work/
    maybe overwhelming, but I believe she's written about maintenance art, recycling and especially about repairing things (="maintenance").
    there's an instagram too
    https://www.instagram.com/atlas.sounds/

    ReplyDelete