Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Searching for Ideas and Content

 I've hit a bit of a wall creatively with this project. I've been looking for things to make for the content of the site. As of now the Internet Archive is still down due to security reasons from the hack. I've been looking into flash games and flash game sites from my childhood and trying to see what kinds of things made them different to sites today. By using the Ruffle flash emulator extension on chrome, and thanks to people who archived flash games before the shutdown I am able to still play some of the games. NuMuKi is a modern site that is a hub of old kid's flash games from Nick Jr., Barbie, Disney, etc. It is a way that the games themselves are archived however in the 2000s kid's websites were more than just the games, they had an ecosystem of the various characters, homepages for the shows, sound effects and voicelines that made the websites more than just their games. Nostalgia Kids Sites has archived the full websites snapshots in time of the Nick Jr. Playtime and Noggin websites. The PBSkids.org website still seems to have a similar vibe and layout to how it did in the past, however some games I am very fond of have been removed, Nostalgia Kids Sites does have an archive of the PBS Kids website from 2008 and the Sprout website from 2010.

NuMuKi website 2024


PBS Kids website 2024


PBS Kids Website 2008

Nick Jr. Website 2004–2009


No comments:

Post a Comment