Thursday, October 17, 2024

Apocalyptic Aesthetic for Prompted Images - 10/17/24

I decided to start with an apocalyptic aesthetic for my Prompted Images booklet.

I chose this style because it will establish a sense of cohesion between each spread. I mostly stuck to using the same photos as the previous versions for my composition references. The main difference is the new prompts that contain the necessary keywords to fulfill the aesthetic. 

While the images below are not intended to form a linear "narrative", they do offer a surreal visualization of the fears surrounding the possibility of artificial intelligence replacing humans. The red-eyed robots are meant to intimidate the viewer and represent peoples' perception of AI as a threat. In addition, the rundown locations provide a glimpse of what the world may become if we don't learn to use AI properly.

For now, I want to wait until I hear feedback before deciding what kind of images I should generate next. One idea that I have is to contrast the negativity with Utopian imagery. I could generate alternate versions of each solution, playing into the idea that AI can be whatever people make it out to be.










No comments:

Post a Comment