I started thinking about sequencing of the objects. I started out with something small that we use rather regularly. I chose to look at how a spoon is used when I make coffee in the morning. I started in grayscale so I was more focused on the form of the object over the aesthetics of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
I began experimenting with using phrases gathered through word and image association tests, applying their nonsensical logic to concrete poe...
-
PDF containing all 54 AI sign hybrid solutions: 1/30 All AI Sign Hybrids New signs, same process. Y'all know the drill. My plan for nex...
-
I collected more samples of spoons drawn from memory. Looking at them all together they all seemed to have some relative similarities in ho...
some things
ReplyDeletethere's a book about spoons there, gray, in glass doored bookcase (I believe).
https://jaspermorrison.com/publications/books/a-book-of-spoons
links to interesting groupings of handmade spoons...
https://www.instagram.com/p/C8yo4aWIFWx/?img_index=7
and some others, related
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0D5eWaoO77/?img_index=1
https://www.instagram.com/p/CzfwwpXI4sw/
maybe you can make some spoons. a periodic table of spoons. spoons that don't exist yet, but should...
I'm remembering, there's a page or two of text in the Jasper Morrison Book of Spoons, either in beginning or end of the book. easily missed!
ReplyDeleteI think it's always good to linger around a specific idea, i.e. (in this instance) spoons, for a while. maybe consider different meanings/senses of spoon ("spooning" for example), etymology (surprising to me : https://www.etymonline.com/word/spoon ) etc etc.