I've started my Island Poster series. I started with the island, "Eleuthera." With these posters, I experimented with playing around with the shape of the island and incorporating its known features. Eleuthera is known as the "Pineapple Island" by Bahamians due to its cultivation of the best pineapples in The Bahamas. So for these posters, I tried to incorporate the glass window bridge and pineapples to showcase Eleuthera's calm, rough, and sweet side. Along with a brief history of the origins of the name.
The Glass Window Bridge is one of the world's natural wonders. The view from the air is breathtaking. It isn't usually safe to drive on, to be honest. It is a 30-foot-wide strip of rock between the Atlantic Ocean on one side of the road and the calm Bight of Eleuthera (often mistakenly called the Caribbean Sea). It is one of the few places in the world where you can see both sides and compare the rich blue waters.
When it came to the colors, I didn't want to limit myself to just our flag colors, so I used ChatGPT to help me create a color palette that I believe accurately represents the island.






No comments:
Post a Comment