


I decided to keep experimenting with AI after receiving feedback on the progress I made last week. Diving into the work will help me write a more coherent explanation of my project later.
I revisited the idea of creating typography with Photoshop generative fill. This time I opted to generate each letter individually instead of working from a preexisting typeface. I chose the headline “MAKE AI YOUR BYTCH” because it is a humorous statement that encourages creatives to take advantage of AI. My process was mostly trial and error as I repeatedly typed “black bold sans serif letter [abc]” until I was happy with the result. The word “BYTCH” is intentionally spelled with a letter Y to play off the word "BYTE" and to convey the imperfections of the technology. I ended up with four different visual concepts featuring this headline.
Following this success, I started a second AI-type solution based on "RECLAIM CREATIVITY FROM THE ALGORITHM". My approach was the same down to the description I entered into the generative fill dialog box. Surprisingly, the resulting letterforms had a more refined appearance–similar to actual sans serif typefaces like Helvetica or Avenir. I also created four variants of this phrase as well.
My plan for next week is to continue making variants of these type solutions and possibly start a third one if I have time.
No comments:
Post a Comment