Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Word & Image

I added another layer to my initial word association test by surveying the group again, but this time I asked them for the word they associated with the image I contributed. I got for the most part different answers than last time, and if I did get a repeat answer I asked for their second association.

Breakdown of the association word test thus far:

Me →      Them →         Me →       Them

  ↓                 ↓                   ↓                 ↓

Word → Assocation → Image → Assocation

As a result, I now have 100 segments of connections containing 4 subjects each. Now with these nonsensical phrases and images, I can start working on concrete poetry. I have been looking at Women in Concrete Poetry 1959-1979 to get the vibe for creating this type of work. I have noted some of my favorite pieces from the books and I get the idea that the designers heavily relied on their sense of intuition and whim when creating.

I plan on making spreads that play to the segments of subject and association that I have gathered through collaboration. I want to incorporate analog methods and illustration into the work. I am planning on starting this phase of the project over the weekend.














No comments:

Post a Comment