Thursday, September 12, 2024

AI Abstract Compositions - 9/12/24

My main assignment for this week was to create abstract compositions from my pair of AI-generated type solutions. I thought it would be fun to explore how AI can be used for the most rudimentary level of graphic design.

I began by vectorizing the type with an image trace in Adobe Illustrator. I then placed each word on top of one another and chose the divide option on the Pathfinder tool. From here, I picked out the most interesting fragments and pieced them together to produce a new composition. I would repeat this process until I ended up with 14 solutions (my favorites of which are shown below).

While I think the results turned out okay, I know they could be better. It's been a while since I did anything like this so I hope to improve as I continue making them.

That being said, I plan on taking a break from these so I can go back to generating type.








No comments:

Post a Comment