I looked at the categories I have determined prior, I tried looking at the categories as a whole without moving through it like a list, and honestly felt a little stuck. Trying to get out of the funk I tried returning to language by looking at poetry. I wanted to take a bit of a break from the poetry I had previously collected to see if different poetry would spark some new ideas. In the end it managed to spark some ideas, but I still felt a little lost.
I started working with abstract visuals and just placing things on the page, using source materials, and then moving further and further away from them until they were no longer included in the imagery at all. I find that this is how I best work through any ruts I find myself in. I wanted to remain abstract in the visual work I was creating, and thought about the colors I had assigned to the categories at the start.
I did some more thought and looking into what the colors I could use could mean in from a psychological stand point. I ended up working in a relatively warm color pallet, despite working in different categories. I chose reds, and oranges that were more similar to each other for the love and relationships aspects, as those colors for me represented love and being similar in tone and not being super vibrant felt more in line with how I view love and relationships. These colors are often also associated with romance.
Then for learning and development I had to do a little more digging. I found that orange can be associated with supporting enthusiasm and engagement, red often represented energy, and yellow encouraged creativity, optimism, and curiosity. To me these colors in order to represent this category fully needed to be more vibrant than the others in order to stand apart from love and relationships, but also to more accurately represent learning and development.



No comments:
Post a Comment